Motivasi Belajar Bahasa Arab (Studi Kasus Mahasiswa PBA IAIN Palangkaraya 2017/2018)

https://doi.org/10.24042/albayan.v10i01.2593

Nur Fuadi Rahman

Abstract


Abstract: There are two types of motivations in learning second language; integrative motivation and instrumental motivation. Integrative motivation require of positiveness from students to native speaker and culture. Instrumental motivation is a feeling of language learner that they need to learn second language to get something important in their lives. In the 2017/2018 IAIN Palangka Raya had 928 students, and only 24 students choose PBA as program study. This was attracts researcher to see the motivation of PBA students in learning Arabic language from the perspective of Gardner’s motivational theory. Researcher was also looking for the factors that affect the motivational. This research was use qualitative method and case study was chosen. The results showed that 42% students had integrative motivational in learned Arabic language, and the rest had 58% of instrument motivational. One of the influence factors was student’s educational background.

Keywords:Arabic language, Gardner, Instrumental motivation, Integrative motivation

Full Text:

PDF

References


علي أحمد مدكور مع أصحابه،2010. المراجع في مناهج تعليم اللغة العربية للناطقين بلغات أخرى، القاهرة : دار الفكر العربي.

Abdul Chaer. 2009. Psikolinguistik: Kajian Teoretik . Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Abdurrahman. 2016. Bahasa Arab:Keistimewaan, Urgensi Dan Hukum Mempelajarinya, Jurnal Albayan.

Ahmad Fuad Effendy. 2009. Metodologi Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab. Malang: Misykat.

Asep Muhammad Saeful Islam. 2015. Faktor Demotivasi Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab Dalam Perspektif Siswa Madrasah, Arabiyât : Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa Arab dan Kebahasaaraban, 2, (1).

Azhar Arsyad. 2010. Bahasa Arab dan Metode Pengajarannya, Beberapa Pokok Pikiran. Cet III. Yogyakarta : Pustaka Pelajar.

Aziz Fahrurrozi, 2014. Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab : Problematika Dan Solusinya, Arabiyât : Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa Arab dan Kebahasaaraban, Vol. I, No. 2, Desember.

Aziz Fakhrurrozi dan Mahyudin. 2012. Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab, Jakarta: Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Islam Kementerian Agama.

Ebrahim Khodady dan Gholam Hassan Khajavy. 2013. Exploring the Role of Anxiety and Motivation in Foreign Language Achievement: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach, Porta Linguarum.

Jenni Muhonen, 2004. Second Language Demotivation: Factors That Discourage Pupils From Learning The English Language ( Tesis di University Of Jyväskylä).

Moch. Ainin. 2011. Fenomena Demotivasi dalam Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab di Madrasah: Penyebab dan Alternatif Pemecahannya, pidato pengukuhan guru besar sebagai Guru Besar dalam bidang Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab pada Fakultas Sastra (FS) Universitas Malang (UM).

Nandang Sarip Hidayat. 2012. Problematika Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab, Jurnal Pemikiran Islam; Vol. 37, No. 1 Januari-Juni.

Nasser Oroujlou dan Majid Vahedi, Motivation, attitude, and language learnin, International Conference on Education and Educational Psychology. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 29, 2011.

Peter MacIntyre. 1994. Toward a social psychological model of strategy use” Foreign Language Annals.

Robert C. Gardner. 2008. Motivation and Second Language Acquisition, Porta Linguarum.

Snow, Catherin E 1986. “Billingual and Secobd Language Acquistition Psycholinguistic. Ed. Jean Berco Gleason and Nan Bernstein Ratner. USA : HBC Publiser,

Zoltan Dörnyei dan Ema Ushioda, Teaching and Researching Motivation Harlow: Pearson Education Limited, 2011.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.24042/albayan.v10i01.2593

Article Metrics

Abstract views : 438 | PDF downloads : 293

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2018 Nur Fuadi Rahman

Editorial Office:

Jurnal Al Bayan: Jurnal Jurusan Pendidikan Bahasa Arab
Gedung Jurusan Pendidikan Bahasa Arab
Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Keguruan
Universitas Islam Negeri Raden Intan Lampung
Jl. Endro Suratmin 1 Sukarame, Bandar Lampung 35131-Indonesia
Telp : +62 721 703260
e-mail: jurnalalbayan@radenintan.ac.id
http://ejournal.radenintan.ac.id/index.php/albayan/index

Creative Commons License

Jurnal Al Bayan: Jurnal Jurusan Pendidikan Bahasa Arab is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. p-ISSN 2086-9282 | e-ISSN 2549-1229

View My Stats